Videos are hosted via Vimeo. Please ensure to whitelist Vimeo.com if you are unable to view the Welcome video above.
You will have 12 months from your date of enrolment to complete this training. After completion, your access to this material will remain available to reference for the remainder of the duration.
Welcome to TaxBanter’s Tax Fundamentals module on Tax Administration.
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- work out when the Tax law requires a withholding from payments to employees, contractors and company directors;
- state where the ATO’s withholding tax tables can be found;
- list some benefits of reporting under Single Touch Payroll;
- identify when a personal services entity has an obligation to withhold in relation to alienated personal services payments;
- explain when a taxpayer enters into the PAYG instalment system;
- explain when and how a rate of withholding may be varied;
- explain how a PAYG instalment or instalment rate may be varied and the penalties for getting it wrong;
- explain the different penalties for a failure to withhold and a failure to remit, and the penalties for failure to comply with the PAYG instalment rules.
The currency of this resource material is at 21 January 2021.
Each video must be played to completion at least once. Videos you have already watched can be replayed at any time.
To complete the training simply work through the videos in order. Ensure you click ‘Mark complete and proceed‘ when prompted to have it count toward your completion rate.
- Videos automatically pause when the learner switches to another window and resume when switched back.
This promotes learner engagement and minimises distruption.
- Certificate upon completion stating date of completion and CPD points earned.
- Pop quizzes and a final assessment.
- Practice Tips – visuals from the previous video you can click to download.
Best of luck!
The TaxBanter Team