Videos are hosted via Vimeo. Please ensure to whitelist Vimeo.com if you are unable to view the Welcome video above.
You will have 12 months from your date of enrolment to complete this training. After completion, your access to this material will remain available to reference for the remainder of the duration.
Welcome to TaxBanter’s Tax Fundamentals module on Fringe Benefits Tax.
At the conclusion of this training, attendees should be able to:
- define a fringe benefit;
- identify when a fringe benefit has been provided;
- determine the category of fringe benefit a benefit falls into and the specific valuation rules attached;
- understand where the specific benefits appear on the Fringe Benefits Tax Return;
- identify the various exemptions and reductions to taxable value;
- understand how the GST and income tax provisions interact with FBT;
- identify a reportable fringe benefit amount;
- distinguish between effective and ineffective salary sacrifice arrangements;
- discuss the tax planning opportunities associated with salary sacrificing.
The currency of this resource material is at 15 October 2021.
Each video must be played to completion at least once. Videos you have already watched can be replayed at any time.
To complete the training simply work through each section in order. Ensure you click ‘Mark complete and proceed‘ when prompted to have it count toward your completion rate.
- Videos automatically pause when the learner switches to another window and resume when switched back.
This promotes learner engagement and minimises distruption.
- Certificate upon completion stating date of completion and CPD points earned.
- Pop quizzes and a final assessment.
- Practice Tips – visuals from the previous video you can click to download.
Best of luck!
The TaxBanter Team